At Appleby Consulting we understand the need for privacy and recognise the importance of protecting your personal information.
During the course of making an enquiry, we may obtain personal information about you. This information assists us in servicing your request. We know you may be concerned about what we do with this information, and offer you the following assurances:
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online
- We only use your personal information to help us service your request, to improve our services to you and to provide you with product or service you have requested
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons
- We may share selected information to agencies and contractors working on behalf of us as part of normal business operations (e.g. to email you about a service issue or post you some information you have requested) or to inform you about additional products and service enhancements that may be of interest to you
- If you wish to correct any inaccurate information contact us to let us know
- If you prefer not to be updated by us about new products and services, please contact us to let us know
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act, you are entitled to a copy of the personal data held by us. We will not charge you a fee for this.
Visitors to Our Website
When someone visits this website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting this website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
In order to comply with the EU Cookie Directive we need to tell you what cookies we use and why we use them. This only applies to cookies that are not intrinsic to the functioning of the website. So, for example, if this were an e-commerce site which used cookies to hold your shopping cart information, we would not be obliged to notify you about those cookies.
Here is a summary of the cookies we use and why…
Cookie Family : WordPress
Cookie Name : wp-settings-time, wordpress_test_cookie
Cookie Use : This website runs on the WordPress platform. This is a very widely used content management system that helps website owners to run robust websites and easily manage the content on those websites. WordPress is used in roughly 16% of all new websites being built. WordPress sets several cookies, for example, to track logged-in users, and also to track blog commenters. This is perfectly normal, and operation of the website would be very difficult without them.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Access to Personal Information
We try to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will: give you a description of it; tell you why we are holding it; tell you who it could be disclosed to; and let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to us for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to the address provided on the Contact page of this website. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes.
Change to this Privacy Statement
We keep our privacy statement under regular review. This statement was last updated on 21st March 2015.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding our use of your data, please contact us.